May 19, 2026

Union Minister Bandi Sanjay’s Son Bhagirath arrested in POCSO Case in Hyderabad

Hyderabad, May 16 (TNT): Bandi Bhagirath, the son of  was arrested near the Police Academy in Narsingi, Cyberabad Commissioner of Police Ramesh Reddy said on Saturday evening in connection with a POCSO case.

According to cyberabad police, Bhagirath was taken into custody by the police near the Police Academy limits and is being shifted to Pet Basheerabad Police Station, where a case relating to alleged sexual assault and harassment had been registered against him.

The 25-year-old has been booked under provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and relevant sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS).

Bhageerath would be subjected to medical examination and later produced before a local magistrate in Hyderabad, the police added.

On Friday, Justice T. Madhavi Devi of the Telangana High Court, while hearing Bhageerath’s interim anticipatory bail plea, observed that she was not inclined to grant protection at this stage.

The court stated that orders in the matter would be pronounced by the next vacation bench on May 21.

Meanwhile, Bandi Sanjay Kumar said he had personally handed over his son to the police through advocates out of respect for the law and the judiciary.

In a statement, the Union Minister said his son had consistently maintained that he had committed no wrongdoing, but the family decided to cooperate fully with the investigation process.

“As I have said earlier, whether it is my own child or an ordinary citizen, everyone is equal before the law. All of us must abide by the law,” he said.

Bandi Sanjay stated that immediately after the complaint was received, he intended to produce his son before the police, but after consulting legal counsel, evidence available with the family was presented before advocates.

“After examining it, the lawyers said the case would be dismissed and that bail would certainly be granted. That is why there was some delay,” he said.

He further said that although legal experts were confident of bail, he felt there should be no further delay in the investigation.

“Out of respect for the judiciary and with the intention that there should be no further delay, I sent my son for investigation,” he added.

TNT TS

Share on Social Media

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *